Friday, November 30, 2012

Limbo in Writing

The limbo part of writing.

You know, it's that part where you're manuscript is done and you've got to get it to the BETA readers. So what do you do? Do you start something new? I don't feel like I can work on the manuscript because then the changes the BETA readers make don't make sense and they just spent so much time on your manuscript. (Anyone else feel that way?) Or do you just sit and wait? Do you take a writer's break? But that reminds me something Colleen Houck said "Writers are either writing or they are thinking about writing."

So what do I do?

I try to read something completely out of my comfort zone or out of my current baby's realm. I think it's good to see other craft's and it kind of wipes my brain clear of the manuscript so when I do go back to it, I get a fresh look at it.

I don't start another WIP - but I do brainstorm for one. I will set up the setting, the characterization of a character, the climax. OK I may write the epilogue. I know weird - but - it reminds me how I want the novel to end up.

What do you while you are waiting on your BETA readers? I would love to have a few ideas to keep my mind off of it?

K- what do you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment