Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review: The Garden of Eden By L.L. Hunter


 The Garden of Eden
Author: L.L. Hunter
Released: August 30 2012
Purchased from Amazon

(This book is book one of a novella spin-off of The Chronicles of Fire and Ice)

Eden Daylesford is a sixteen year old Nephilim girl stuck smack bang in the middle of a war between angels and demons. And the bad thing is that she shares both of their blood. When her mother takes her to the Michaelite Sanctuary in London to try to get rid of the deadly trait that has started to appear – one that hasn’t been seen in a long time – it could stop Eden from forming any sort of relationship with anyone, including the tempting Asher. Eden has no idea just how powerful she is…

Will she learn to embrace her new ability and accept her new role, or go back to her old life of an ordinary human teenager?

Will she be tempted?

The enticing first book in the spin off novella series to The Legend of the Archangel. Set after events in The Chronicles of Fire and Ice.


I don't do recaps because the way I look at it, that's what the blurb is for. :)

So here are my thoughts:

I didn't know anything about this series before picking this book up. I chose to read it because the author is super nice and the cover is pretty--yes, I'm totally guilty of judging a book by it's cover.

I didn't realize that it is not only a novella (it's pretty decent size for a novella by the way--156 pages) but it is also a spin-off of another series. However, I didn't feel like I "missed" anything so I think it can definitely be read alone but after reading it, I'm intrigued to read other books in this world!

This is great Young Adult Fantasy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment