Thursday, May 29, 2014

Heather's Summer Reading List

Hi folks! 
Here's my summer reading list! It's short and sweet! I think I can manage five books, right?
I know five books in two and a half months. No big deal right? Well, it wasn't when I was young and single and had no responsibility! Now I have a husband and two young children who need me. I don't read for personal pleasure near as much as I want to. But I've made a commitment to these five books and I WILL follow through! 
This summer my husband and I are taking a two week trip to England. We have tons to do while we're there, but I'm hoping I can sneak in some reading time ;)
Okay here we go!
The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
I accidentally bought this book. My thumb hit the one click button and the rest is history. I decided to keep it and read it because it's a Pulitzer Prize winner and it's outside my normal realm of books I like to read.
Theo Decker, a 13-year-old New Yorker, miraculously survives an accident that kills his mother. Abandoned by his father, Theo is taken in by the family of a wealthy friend. Bewildered by his strange new home on Park Avenue, disturbed by schoolmates who don't know how to talk to him, and tormented above all by his longing for his mother, he clings to the one thing that reminds him of her: a small, mysteriously captivating painting that ultimately draws Theo into the underworld of art.
As an adult, Theo moves silkily between the drawing rooms of the rich and the dusty labyrinth of an antiques store where he works. He is alienated and in love--and at the center of a narrowing, ever more dangerous circle.
Maybe Someday, Colleen Hoover
I absolutely love Colleen Hoover's books. I started with Hopeless and I've devoured every single book of hers except Losing Hope and Maybe Someday (her newest release). I've heard great things about it and I don't doubt it. I have the opportunity to meet her this August and I bought all her books in paperback to take with me to have her sign!
At twenty-two years old, Sydney has a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter's cheating on her--and she is left trying to decide what to do next.
Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbor. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one...
Insurgent and Allegiant, Veronica Roth
I've read Divergent and loved it! But I've heard some not so good things about the other two that have made me hesitant to finish the series. But I'm going to do it this summer. I rarely leave a book series, and since I loved the first one I feel that I should finish the series and make the decision for myself. 
The Fault in our Stars, John Green
I know, I KNOW! I haven't read this yet. I kind of don't want to. My Sister's Keeper is one of my favorite books and it was ruined in movie form so I'm scared to read/watch it. I know what happens in The Fault in our Stars so it won't be a mystery when I finally do read it.
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.

Okay, so there's my list! I better get to reading!
Love
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment