Sunday, October 20, 2013

Finally finishing books!

After an entire summer of not reading anything I've finally started reading again.  I mean, I've started so many books, but it was a tough summer for me.  My dad was seriously ill, I was flying and driving back and forth across the country helping my mom move and my dad passed away a couple weeks ago. So I had a lot on my plate!
So what was my first book after a long slump? In The Shadows by Erica Cope!!! I kind of feel like I was just waiting for it.  I knew she was almost done with it and it would have a fall release so I just gave up on everything else and held out for it.  And let me tell you, it as worth the wait!! I loved it so much.  I don't usually like second books, they tend to be boring, but In the Shadows was awesome! Eek! I can't wait for the third book to come out.
Then I read Divergent.  I know, I know, I'm a little late getting into it, but I loved it!  I loved the story and the characters and the dynamic between Tris and Tobias.  I'm about to start Insurgent.  I read some reviews and it seems that some people didn't like it.  They thought it was unbelievable as a story line and compared it to The Hunger Games.  I mean, it's distopian, and a book, and the author can build her world how ever she wants.  I found it extremely interesting.  Would the Chicago ever end up with five factions like that? Who knows.  Will the world ever end up like the Hunger Games, probably not.  But don't we read books to escape our own world for a bit?
And it's not only paranormal/distopian stories that I sometimes fine unbelievable, there are plenty of real life stories I have a hard time believing.  Like for real, who would ever fall in love with Rush Finley? Sure he's good looking, but he's a flake and can't make up his mind.  I for one wouldn't stick around to find out if he decided to be with me or his sister.

Anyway, off my rant box.  I loved Divergent and can't wait to start the next book.  I decided to pick up Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover because it was free.  So far its good and kind of predictable.  We'll see if Colleen throws a twist in there somewhere.  Its a novella so there isn't much room for too much drama.

This weekend Komal, Erica, and I are attending the Indie Author Mash Up in Springdale Arkansas, hosted by This Redhead Loves Books.  I can't tell you how much I"m looking forward to this event. It's my first time at something like this.  I can't wait to meet all the authors and other book lovers like me!

Look for a blog next week telling you all about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment