Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNoWriMo

Hi ya'll! Soooooo it's NOVEMBER! Last year I remember seeing a lot of people post about this whole National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) thing. I was intrigued BUT I hadn't even published one novel yet (can you believe so much has happened this year? I mean, I published TWO books in 2013!) so I didn't think I would be able to accomplish writing a 50k novel in only a month but this year, I'm a little more confident.

And by "little more" I mean, just a teeny tiny grain of hope that I can.

Michelle and Heather are also participating so that makes it fun! I don't know if their stories are top secret or not so I won't share what they are writing about but both sound super good so I'm excited to read them when they finish.

So far I'm ahead of schedule but I tried hard to get a head start just in case I don't have as much time as we get closer to Thanksgiving. Right now I'm on pace to finish on the 21st though!

The story I'm writing is called Pieces of Me, you can find the cover and blurb over on my author blog. If I finish, I'll probably try to publish by the end of the year but I think it's safe to say it will at least be published in early 2014 because this is a story that's been in my head for a while now so it's about time I got it down on paper.

It's been a crazy year right? I mean, we had our first big book convention that Komal and I attended as authors, and Heather attended as a blogger, I published Lark and In the Shadows,  Komal published Falling for Hadie and Wrong Side of Town, and Michelle had a baby and is getting ready to publish Walker. I can't wait to see what next year brings!

So anyway, that's what I'll be doing this month, writing my little heart out. What about you? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? Thinking about participating next year? Let's chat!

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment