Tuesday, July 9, 2013

That is so Mesh...

"What? Mesh? Heather, what are you talking about?"
I'm talking about Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn, my currant favorite book!  But wait, this is only book one of the Mindjack series.  There are two more!  "What is this book all about?" you ask.  Good thing I'm reading it so I can tell you!



In world (our world but in the future) where mind reading is the norm, Kira is a Zero. She can't read minds at all, until she meets the super hot, super sexy, super strange, Simon. He tells her she's a Mindjacker.  Kira can hack into other people's minds and make them do whatever she wants.  Cool right? Not so much.  While Simon uses his mindjacking to make other Readers (those who read minds) believe he's one of them, Kira finds it overwhelming and isn't comfortable with all the lying involved.

I don't want to give any more away, but you must read this book. Simon isn't all he's cracked up to be and betrayal looms.  Raf, Kira's super hot, super sexy, Portuguese soccer playing stud of a BFF loved her even when she was a Zero and will do everything to save/help her.

In the midst of all that, we learn about this future world we live in.  Everything is mind controlled, from cars, to phones, even the fridge! They use words like mesh (cool), scrit (text), and they live in Chicago New Metro which takes up half of Illinois and house have to be a certain distance apart so you are out of "range" of your neighbors thoughts.

It's been difficult for me to read Paranormal YA for a long time.  Too much vampire drama for me and nothing seemed original.  I loved Melissa Pearl's Time Spirit Trilogy-original content and very entertaining and well written.  I'm anxiously awaiting the second book in Erica Cope's Lark series (I know you've been busy!).  And I'm loving Open Minds so far and I hope it won't disappoint in the next two books.

Ok, that's all for now!!!
Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment