- The Sea of Tranquility Katja Millay because even months later I still think about this book. I don't think an ending has ever affected me as much as the two simple words "Your garage."
- Wait for You J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout) because Cam is my new all time favorite book boyfriend. And now I think I want to eat some eggs for breakfast just thinking about him...
This is the old cover that I still love bestSweet Thing Renee Carlino because I fell in love with this cover and I'm so sad that it got a new one when it got picked up by a publisher. This was super sweet, funny and even a little steamy. Loved it
- On an Edge of Glass/In this Moment are tied because they are both by one of my most favorite people in the world, Autumn Doughton, and I loved them both so I couldn't choose just one!
- Suddenly Royal Nichole Chase because I had a ridiculous grin on my face throughout most of this book. I loved it because there was no relationship drama, just a story about a girl who was adjusting to this brand new world that was thrust upon her and the Prince Charming who patiently waited for her to realize she loved him too.
- The Help Kathryn Stockett because I loved the book and the movie equally and that never has happened before.
- Tangled by Emma Chase because Emma rocked the male POV! This was another perfect combination of sweet and steamy and quite frankly it made me LOL at times too.
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green because I loved the banter between the main characters and it's one of the few books that I've read that I honestly thought was perfection.
- Night Owl by M. Pierce because the author is such a mystery! I mean, have you visited the author's website? He, or She because I still don't know, IS the main character of the book. It's written by M. Pierce, the main character's pen name is M. Pierce. The author lives in Colorado with a pet rabbit. The main character lives in Colorado with a pet rabbit. Seriously. I'm very intrigued...Plus, though it is a little on the erotica side, the writing is actually really fantastic.This book just got picked up by a publisher like I knew it would! So congrats M. Pierce--whoever you are!
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire because I waited forever to read this book and when I did it was totally worth all the hype. I read it in one sitting and immediately read Walking Disaster as soon as it came out.So people, what are your top 2013 reads? Or are you not saying until Dec 31st? :)XOXO
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Erica's Top Reads of 2013
Even though it's not quite December, I've already started compiling a list of my top reads of 2013. I figured I was pretty safe doing this now since I'm not sure how much reading I'm going to get done this month and next between the holiday festivities and trying to finish writing Pieces of Me.
As soon as I'm done writing though I'm totally reading Sentinel by Jennifer Armentrout and The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead and I can pretty much guarantee they will make the list. :)
But as of right now, here are my top 2013 reads: