Friday, August 9, 2013

City of Bones - my current obsession.

You may have noticed from my facebook posts and my last post I did, that I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR THE MORTAL INSTRUMENT movie. I have my best friend reading the series so we can go see the movie and this way I don't have to explain anything.

Does anyone else do this?

You read a series. Love it. THEN when the movie comes out you have to re-read the whole series again, not just the first book? I do. Every time.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is a great book. But the thing I love the most about the whole series is the world that she created. As an author, a reader, and an English major the completeness that she created with the Shadowhunter world. There aren't any gaps or brush over details that go unexplained because it is too hard. It's just so thorough.

Clary is also one of my favorite characters and I had forgotten that. She is much like Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series. Strong, a little rash, powerful, and not weak. I don't like those damsels in distress. Clary isn't that way and it makes for her parts of the story much more interesting. She's a woman of action, not just waiting for Jace to come save her.

Jace. Sigh.

Stop over to my facebook page for a scene from the movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment