Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bloodlines series and the VA movie

I haven't read anything new in over a week! Shocking! I can't think of a time I've gone this long without reading anything. Yes, I have a good excuse (I've been working on getting my debut novel ready for publication) but it's more than that. I think that I'm looking forward so much to the upcoming release of The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead that I can't even think about reading anything else knowing it's soooooooo close to being released.
Richelle Mead has been doing daily "book club" posts on her blog and I've been loving all the recap and insights into each of the chapters of Bloodlines and The Golden Lily. It's been fun remembering all the funny and super swoon-worthy Adrian parts. I've always been Team Adrian though I knew Rose HAD to pick Dimitri. Rose and Dimitri are perfect for eachother but I always loved Adrian. Reading the Bloodlines series is making me love him even more!
I know that a lot of people have been hesitant to pick up the Bloodlines series because they are worried it won't live up to Vampire Academy, but they are seriously missing out. Sydney is great, Adrian is ah-mazing and just writing all this out is making me want to go re-read the first two books just so I can get an Adrian fix before February 12th.
*sigh*
But speaking of the VA world, are you guys as super stoked as me about the casting choices for the movie???
Rose
Lissa

I looked up the actress who is going to play Rose and I gotta tell you, I think she is dead on! I'm not 100% sold on Lissa based on this picture but I have seen a couple of other pictures of her that I thought "Okay, yeah, I can see it" but I will reserve judgement until after the movie.

And as for the actor playing Dimitri...Holy smokes:

Grow his hair out and he is perfect.
Filming is set to start this summer and I can not wait to see this movie! Even though I'm usually disappointed in book-to-movie adaptations, I'm an eternal optimist so I'll keep hoping.





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am super excited for this! I love the actors cast as Rose and Dimka, but I'm going to hold judgement on the actress playing Lissa until the movie comes out. I actually have seen her on an Australian TV show before but didn't really think much of her. My perfect Lissa would've been AnnaSophia Robb. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so excited too! I agree about the actress playing Lissa....there is one picture of her expression after learning she got the role that may have won me over though. She just looked so sweet! (But now I'm going to go look about that other actress for comparsion!)
      I have no doubts about Rose and Dimitri though--perfection!

      Delete