Monday, February 4, 2013

What Makes a Great World?

So while The Owens Legacy: Redemption sits waiting for me and my dream walker novel sits waiting for me to pick TOLR up again, I started a new WIP. Yeah. I know it doesn't make much sense, but this WIP has been bouncing around in my head for a little while (at least since summer). So I am putting it down on paper.

It's a dystopia (I'm aware that the trend has died out, but when the idea is there, you go with it).

But I want all of you to go back to your Dystopia phase. I was hoping you would tell me what you think makes the world well-rounded. For the dystopia's world to be believable, what components do I need to include and fully develop?

Put it down.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I like to know the reason behind it..you know how in Unwind it was a civil war over abortion, Delirium it was discovered that love was the root of all evil (LOL but I can see it!), etc.
    I think the best dystopians are believable when there is truth (to the extreme, but truth all the same).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great point Erica. I will start working that out!

      Delete
  2. I think the way you write it and present your world in the book makes all the difference. I read 'All These Things I've Done' and it was set in the future and chocolate was illegal and the girl's father was a chocolate dealer/mob boss type person (i read it awhile ago). It sounds ridiculous and silly, but i read it because it was highly recommended. The author made it totally believable and not silly and a really good book. I think YOU as the author have to believe in it or else it just seems like you're making up a tall tale.

    ReplyDelete