Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review: LARK by Erica Cope

Lark - Erica Cope
Genre - Young Adult Fantasy
Released - February 5, 2013

The last time she checked, Mia Carrington was pretty sure that she was a normal girl with a completely ordinary life.

She goes to high school, has a crush on the gorgeous and mysterious new boy in town, and has strange dreams that she can’t help but feel are real somehow.

Okay, so maybe she’s not all that normal after all.

A freak accident changes Mia’s life forever when she is thrown into another world and left to deal with the revelation that she is the daughter of the King of the Light Elves. Throw in an ominous prophecy predicting that Mia will break a curse unleashing the Dark Elves on the world and well, things don’t look too good.

There is danger lurking at every corner in this strange world and Mia isn’t sure who she can trust…
The only thing she is certain of is that the Dark Elves know about her, and they will stop at nothing until they have her.



*WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD*

I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to read this book and since that moment I fell in love with the story, the characters, and the fantastical world of Alfheimr.

Mia is an interesting protagonist and you get swept up in her journey as she discovers her identity as a Half-Blood and daughter of the King of the Light Elves. I especially enjoyed the history of the Light Elves and the Dark Elves. The prophecy was well-written and the plot was strong and engaging. The world-building was done well, the pacing was great and there was a lot of action that left me turning the pages.

Oh, and I have a new book boyfriend! Jacoby, oh Jacoby! Swoon! The banter between Jacoby and Mia was so witty and left me with this goofy smile on my face. There is also another love interest in the form of Greyson, and believe me when I say that he is just as swoon-worthy as Jacoby is.

Erica Cope’s debut novel is well-written, fresh, and entertaining. I was left feeling satisfied at the end, but also eager for the sequel. All in all, a fantastic debut! I highly recommend it!







2 comments: