Friday, February 22, 2013

Reading Slump. Yikes!

I am here today because some of you may have noticed that I have been a wee bit absent. Part of it is yes, the baby that's on the way. But I will admit, I am in a reading slump. Have you ever had one of those?

I have read multiple books in the last three weeks (maybe more weeks) and nothing appeals. I have no doubt the story is well-written, the characters realistic or unrealistic since my taste runs toward paranormal, I am just not gripped. I actually stopped reading because I felt I was being judgemental.

Now, for a nerdy, English teacher, this is a crisis. Its not that I am unwilling to read, I just need that pull, that desire to get back to the book, to see what happens.

So what do you do when in a reading slump?

What book is your go to book for a reader? Plz suggest it!

Anyone else having this problem?

3 comments:

  1. Me too! I went from reading several books a week to taking several weeks to read one book!
    Though I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures and enjoying it so far, I don't have that pull that makes me want to stop doing everything else except read!
    Since I'm not currently pregnant, I think we should blame the weather and pray our slump is just seasonal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading the same book since December I think! What the heck is wrong with me? There is no way I'm going to read 100 books by the end of the year. I really need to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't read The Sea of Tranquility by Katya Millay, you must do it now! I stayed up until 2 in the morning so I could finish it.

    ReplyDelete